Water safety Instructors
Job Classification: non-exempt part and full time
Work Hours: shifts as assigned
Starting Salary Range: based on experience
Supervisor: W.S.I. Lead Supervisor
- Current American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification
- 1 year experience supervising and teaching youth and adults preferred
Description of the position
In support of the mission of the agency, aquatics programs have been developed that promote the health and well being of members and their families. Swim Instructors are responsible for building the skills and confidence of members and their families while utilizing the ywca swimming pool.
- Promote the values and mission of the YWCA in all interactions with children, parents, and staff
- Maintain all necessary certifications listed under qualifications
- Enforce the pool rules and regulations of the ywca greater newburyport
- Monitoring the activities of swimmers and pool attendees; ensuring safety and maintaining order;
- Use appropriate rescue techniques when needed; recording all incidents and accidents on appropriate forms;
- Follow techniques and lesson plans for purposeful, progressive swim lessons;
- Instruct students in swimming techniques;
- Assist with cleaning and maintenance of the pool, pool deck, locker rooms and sauna
- Assist with opening and closing of the pool and facility
- Embrace and support the ywca greater newburyport’s health and wellness culture by promoting all programs throughout the facility to foster optimal wellness for all members and the community as a whole.
- Cleaning chores, and safety checks on all equipment
- Perform other related work as required
It is expected that all program staff will function as self-directed members in a team effort. Your activities and performances should meet appropriate professional standards and adhere to the philosophy and purpose of the YWCA.
Return to top
If interested, here's how to apply: